Topic: GF3 Stat Generator

Greetings! I've been having a good time learning GF3 lately. I was very impressed with the conversion rules in the book which inspired me to create a stat generator using Excel that automates the stat card generation process! Here it is, in all of its Excel glory:

http://www.manbattlestations.com/hostedfiles/GF3StatsGeneratorVer1.1.xlsx

Please download it and let me know what you think! I had to learn a few new tricks when it comes to Excel functions to make this, so its entirely possible I've got some errors in there somewhere!

Re: GF3 Stat Generator

Wow... this is quite impressive!

I'll put it through some paces when I get the chance. smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Please do! I'm very interested in hearing about your perspective as the games designer on this thing. It seems like I'm able to replicate fairly closely a few of the stat cards included in the base rule book, so I think it's fairly close. One think I'm not sure about is if the DP modifiers for the secondary guns are being calculated correctly. It seems the math is set up right, but my generator is producing larger modifiers than what appears in the official MJ12 stats. For example, my generator reruns a -8 modifier for the IJN Myoko, while the official stats peg her modifier at a -3 IIRC.

Ruckdog wrote:

For example, my generator reruns a -8 modifier for the IJN Myoko, while the official stats peg her modifier at a -3 IIRC.

The value on the "official" ship card is derived from 8x 127mm DP guns, 8x 25mm AA guns, and 4x 13mm MGs. If your source material gives more anti-aircraft guns, your modifier will be higher.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

This is impressive. I started one a couple years back, but hit a snag and never managed to wrap it up.

I'll try out some Kriegsmarine when I get a chance.

mj12games wrote:
Ruckdog wrote:

For example, my generator reruns a -8 modifier for the IJN Myoko, while the official stats peg her modifier at a -3 IIRC.

The value on the "official" ship card is derived from 8x 127mm DP guns, 8x 25mm AA guns, and 4x 13mm MGs. If your source material gives more anti-aircraft guns, your modifier will be higher.

Ahh, got it, thanks. I re-ran the Myoko's stats with those AA gun nubmers, and got the -3 I was supposed to. The first time I just went to Wikipedia to get a quick set of numbers, and those do not reflect the 25mm mounts.

Looks better than the one I made a few years ago and put in the files section.

I got into GF3 a few months ago and updated Ruckdog's spreadsheet some.
I added the King & Kaiser revisions, edited some formulas that were returning errors on null inputs and increased the PS torpedo count to 12.

I added it to the files forum for everyone.
http://forum.mj12games.com/viewtopic.ph … mp;t=12771

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to figure out my excel sheet and make fixes smile