Topic: QL upgrade

First new post in 10 years!

I think QL is a nice little game that is quite versatile. However, it would benefit from a little extra 'meat' on the bones. I for one would love to see a new version with the same core mechanic but with added features such as directional damage (armour being weaker on the sides/rear), additional traits, etc.

Re: QL upgrade

I have been thinking about revisiting this one, and maybe building the core a bit... I'm a bit wary of getting too into the weeds with it, though.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: QL upgrade

Some of the house rules that were published in the forum over the years could be fairly easily included in the newer version. I could think offhand of a few such rules, like the 'NCO' one where you get to remove a suppression marker 'for free' for instance. As I mentioned, I'm really keen on the concept of directional damage. Something like simply adding +1 to the armor rating to the AFV's front.

In the end however I think that the core mechanic (a unit either engages, advances or strikes) should be left alone as it is simple yet elegant. A revised edition might benefit from a few new wrinkles while keeping the core mechanics intact.