Topic: New DL changes?

Hiya:-)

I just got an email from RPGnow to redownload D:VG, when I did, the only chnages I could see is the origins nomination on the cover....the edition2.04 looked the same...is the book updated with all the changes/error fixes?  I think there were some minor ones I remmber reading about...

just wondering

thanks for a great product:-)

Re: New DL changes?

McBane wrote:

Hiya:-)

I just got an email from RPGnow to redownload D:VG, when I did, the only chnages I could see is the origins nomination on the cover....the edition2.04 looked the same...is the book updated with all the changes/error fixes?  I think there were some minor ones I remmber reading about...

just wondering

Well, the change in the cover to reflect the Origins nomination is worth it in itself, right? smile

Actually, the interior is updated -- but I'll have to defer to Demian to explain exactly how...

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

I believe all of the errata are incorporated now, as well as Josh's *awesome* Fall of Kalanid pic.

McBane wrote:

Also, I should mention in case you missed it on TMP... through the end of March, the hard copy of Defiance is 20% off on our web store -- in case you have the PDF but really want to upgrade to the printed version... big_smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

so does the printed version have the errata updated in it?

I just havnt gotten around to printing the PDF yet,hehe...;-)

thanks again...

-Franz

McBane wrote:

so does the printed version have the errata updated in it?

Indeed.

And the Origins nomination seal on the cover. wink

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

The new version still prints the page numbers next to the binding !!

Luckily, the Kinko's that I got it printed at was willing to "fix" it without charging me extra. There needs to be a blank page inserted into the PDF after the color cover. Then another blank page in front of the back cover.

And is it normal for these kinds of PDF's to be "locked" ?  They had to get creative on printing it the second time to get it to work because they couldn't just insert blank pages.  :?

Brother Jim wrote:

The new version still prints the page numbers next to the binding !!

Umm... all you have to do is start printing on page 2 (page 1 of the actual text).

All of our PDF products are formatted in this way, and yes, all are password protected.

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

that's what they ended up doing.

I didn't know that there comp uter stuff, so i couldn't tell them that. :cry:

cause me am mostly comp uter illiterate......mostly. lol

but that might just be why they didn't charge me for printing it again.

cause they should have known that.

I think most "commercial PDFs" (i.e. those that cost money to download as opposed to being tossed around as freebies or as add-ons to other producsts) are locked. Industry standard (am not complaining) :wink:

Demian Rose wrote:

I believe all of the errata are incorporated now, as well as Josh's *awesome* Fall of Kalanid pic.

I'll just pipe in real quick here - the changes indeed basically incorporate ALL the errata and, yes, my humble illustration of the Fall Of Kalanid.

And possibly also some player stat sheets, though those may have already been in there... its been awhile, now, I can't recall.

Josh