Topic: Brobdignagian Bards at Jim's house!

We're hosting a House Concert July 6, from 7pm till 9pm!

I need to drum up 15-20 people or more to come and listen to these guys in my living room!

Who are the Brobdignagian Bards?

http://www.thebards.net

Scottish and Irish folk songs combined with the Lord of the Rings music and a wee bit o'Celtic fun. The Brobdingnagian Bards (pronounced brob-din-nahg-EE-en) are The Original Celtic Renaissance music duo from Austin, Texas. Their unique brand of folk music on the autoharp, recorder, and mandolin has made them one of the most-popular Celtic music groups online where they give away thousands of free Celtic MP3 downloads daily.
The Brobdingnagian Bards perform coast-to-coast, and in a given month might be at a Lord of the Rings Oscar Party, a Celtic festival, or a Science Fiction Convention. However, they are an absolute favorite at Renaissance Faires where they add high-energy and wit to make every show a memorable experience.

First come first served, so if you're free July 6th from 7-9:30, we'd love to have you and a friend or two in our home!

I realize this is short notice, but these guys are great performers and the music they play may not be contemporary, at least it's fun smile

If you can't come, but know someone who might like to, please let others know so we can get the people together. The bards like to have at least 15-20 people 'cause they work better in a crowd that size.

Please call my cell phone or reply to my email if you can come so I know how many chairs to dust off smile All we're asking is a $10 donation from each person to help pay for the Bards' gas, but if you can't do that, that's okay.

BYOB, we'll have some munchies, and light beverages (coke/pepsi/tea/water) but you should eat before the concert.

If you are coming and need directions to my house, I'll send out a link to the list in the next couple of days.

Irreverant Celtic Music, Chips, autoharps, and if I get enough in me, possibly a Callahan playing the Ukulele!

What could be more fun on a Thursday night!

Thanks!

----------
jim

W (309) 735 4887
C (309) 825 8227
H (309) 379 6009

Re: Brobdignagian Bards at Jim's house!

I'd come, but theres the little problem of the Atlantic Ocean, the non-existent passport and the lack of funds to purchase a plane ticket...

So I guess I won't come...:)

murtalianconfederacy wrote:

I'd come, but theres the little problem of the Atlantic Ocean, the non-existent passport and the lack of funds to purchase a plane ticket...

So I guess I won't come...:)

Talk about reaching for excuses.  :roll:

lol lol  lol

Hehe...

tongue

That's all right.

Last I checked I need neither a passport nor an airplane for the 15-20 minute drive, but I still won't be able to make it.