Topic: The Nahkattu

The Nahkattu are a relatively peaceful race that goes to war only to ensure the stability of their small portion of the galaxy on the outer tip of the Orion Arm.  Only a few dozen worlds in size and no interest yet of expanding, the Nahkattu defend these worlds with the vigor of a bear protecting its young. 
The Nahkattu are open to trade and keep their main routes clear of pirates and worse.  Still, the occassional heavy raider slips in and causes trouble.  This never lasts long though.  Those raiders who do get in are usually wise enough to get out before the Nahkattu arrive to come after them.  Those who aren't wise enough...never escape.

The Nahkattu are a strange race in both physiology and biology.  They resemble a five armed starfish plated in thick bone and equipped with multiple thin sensory and manipulative tendrils.  Those areas and tendrils not covered in bone are transluscent, the swirling gases that make up the 'vitals' of the Nahkattu clearly visible like some sort of ancient lava lamp.  The Nahkattu biology is not carbon based either, but oxygen based.  Bromine is as deadly to them as Arsenic is to Humans. 

The Nahkattu native language is a series of sounds that remind many from old earth of pipe organ music.  It's structure is both mathematic and musical in nature.  Ironically, Nahkattu singers are some of the most sought after musicians in the core worlds of the human territories by religious orders.  The Nahkattu themselves have no concept of religion basing thier beliefs on science.  This has led them to some interesting places with their technology. 

Tech Levels:
Engines: +1   Using a strange partical shift at the atomic level for power, their engines are much more powerful for their size than normal.
Shields: +0  Their shield technology utilizes nanotech and electron charges but is little more effective than typical across the galaxy.
Equipment: +1  With thier skill in nanotechnology, much of their specialized systems are smaller and just as powerful and effective as can be found elsewhere.
Weapons: +0  Sufficient to defend their worlds further advances to their weaponry has not been a priority.

Common Nahkattu Star Vessels

Ellekar Class Corvette (72)
Hull: 2 1
Engines [TL+1]: 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Shields [TL+0]: 0
Weapons [TL+0]:
[a] Anti-Matter Phase Torpedo [4/8/12, 4+, 1/3/3, Expendable, Halves Shields, Increased DMG, Must Re-roll PEN Dice]
AB
[b ] 20cm Rotary Mass Driver [2/4/6, 5+, 3/1/1, Range Based ROF, Range Based PEN]
AC, BD EF
Equipment [TL+1]:
Hyper drive [O], Armor Plating, Point Defense System [O],
Spinal Mount [O]

1[H2Ea], 2[3Eb], 3[H2Eb], 4[2EQb], 5[HEQ], 6[2EQ]

Strahlku Class Destroyer (238)
Hull: 5 4 3 2 1
Engines [TL+1]: 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Shields [TL+0]: 2 1
Weapons [TL+0]:
[a] Anti-Matter Phase Torpedo [4/8/12, 4+, 1/3/3, Expendable, Halves Shields, Increased DMG, Must Re-roll PEN Dice]
AB  AB
[b ] Twin Barrel Particle Cannon [4/8/12, 4+, 2/1/1, Range Based PEN, Range Based DMG]
AB
[c] 20cm Rotary Mass Driver [2/4/6, 5+, 3/1/1, Range Based ROF, Range Based PEN]
AC  AB  BD  EF
Equipment [TL+1]:
Spinal Mount [O], Anti-Fighter Batteries [O], Security Teams [OOOOO OOOOO], Sunbursts [OOOOO]]

1[HEb], 2[ESc], 3[HQc], 4[EQ], 5[HQ], 6[Ea]

Kahndorlahk Class Cruiser (426)
Hull: 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Engines [TL+1]: 6 5 4 3 2 1
Shields [TL+0]: 3 2 1
Weapons [TL+0]:
AB  AB  EF
[b ] Twin Barrel Particle Cannon [4/8/12, 4+, 2/1/1, Range Based PEN, Range Based DMG]
AC  AC  BD  BD
[c] 20cm Rotary Mass Driver [2/4/6, 5+, 3/1/1, Range Based ROF, Range Based PEN]
AC  AC  AB  BD  BD  EF
Equipment [TL+1]:
Spinal Mount [O], Anti-Fighter Batteries [O], Marine Squads [OOOOO OOOOO] ]

1[HQ], 2[EQ], 3[Ha], 4[Eb], 5[Hc], 6[Sc]

Rekahla Class Battlecruiser (704)
Hull: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Engines [TL+1]:6 5 4 3 2 1
Weapons [TL+0]:
AB  AB  AB  AB  AB  EF  EF
ACE  ACE  BDF  BDF  AB  AB  AC  BD
AC  AC  AC  AB  BD  BD  BD  EF  EF  EF
Equipment [TL+1]:
Spinal Mount [O], Anti-Fighter Batteries [O], Marine Squads [OOOOO OOOOO], Sunbursts [OOOOO]]

1[Ha], 2[Ea], 3[Hb], 4[Sb], 5[Hc], 6[Qc]

Nahklur Class Tactical Carrier (1837)
Hull: 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Engines [TL+1]: 5 4 3 2 1
Weapons [TL+0]:
AB  AB  AB  EF
AC  AB  BD  EF
AC  AC  AC  AB  BD  BD  BD  CE  DF  EF
Equipment [TL+1]:
Anti-Fighter Batteries [O], Security Teams [OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO], Launch Bays [OOOOO O], Fighter Bays [OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOO], Vehicle Bays [OOOOO], Troops [1000], Medical Bay [OOOO]]

1[HQa], 2[SQb], 3[HQc], 4[EQc], 5[HQ], 6[2Q]

Lahnuku Class Battleship (1202)
Hull: 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Engines [TL+1]: 5 4 3 2 1
Shields [TL+0]: 4 3 2 1
Weapons [TL+0]:
AC  AC  AB  AB  AB  BD  BD  EF  EF
[b ] Twin Barrel Heavy Particle Cannon [4/8/12, 4+, 2/1/2, Range Based PEN, Range Based DMG]
AC  AC  BD  BD  AB  AB  EF
ACE  ACE  ACE  ACE  ACE  ACE  BDF  BDF  BDF  BDF  BDF  BDF
Equipment [TL+1]:
Spinal Mount [O], Anti-Fighter Batteries [O], Marine Squads [OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO], Medical Bay [O], Science Bay [O] ]

1[HQ], 2[Sa], 3[Ha], 4[Eb], 5[Hc], 6[Qc]

Re: The Nahkattu

Great job on the race background and ship designs. What version of the SXCA did you use to design these ships? I have tried to recreate them using my v2.61 of the SXCA but I cannot get my ComRat or SU totals to match yours.

Re: The Nahkattu

japridemor wrote:

Great job on the race background and ship designs. What version of the SXCA did you use to design these ships? I have tried to recreate them using my v2.61 of the SXCA but I cannot get my ComRat or SU totals to match yours.

I do all my math long hand...though I do tend to round to the nearest hundredth alot. wink