Topic: Rabble + movement

Now, I've probably missed something here, but how do I move a unit that has Rabble? I know that the peasant armies of the peasant kingdom of Peasantry are ineffective to the extreme, but I'd like to move 'em around.

As a seconday note, is the Disciplines point change in the latest version of the army construction sheet?

Re: Rabble + movement

RiflemanIII wrote:

Now, I've probably missed something here, but how do I move a unit that has Rabble? I know that the peasant armies of the peasant kingdom of Peasantry are ineffective to the extreme, but I'd like to move 'em around.

I'm guessing with  Reform action?
In other words, they're slow.
smile

RiflemanIII wrote:

As a seconday note, is the Disciplines point change in the latest version of the army construction sheet?

I'm not sure on this one.

no the spreadie is using the 2.5 value, easily fixed though

maybe rabble can only move with the help of a personality ?

or a fixed 1mp ..... just wildly speculating  lol

squeaky wrote:

maybe rabble can only move with the help of a personality ?
or a fixed 1mp ..... just wildly speculating  lol

You don't have to speculate, or put a personality in units with Rabble. It's right there in the rules.
All the Rabble "ability" does is keep units from being given a Move action. And unless I'm missing something, there are other ways for units to move besides being given a Move action.
Such as the Reform action.
wink
Kevin

Rabble can only move with a "reform" action.  as Kevin indicates.

A source of much frustration for some, but I like the ability

It certainly makes you think when one of your units is that inept. smile

But there are some intriguing ways to get the most from a rabble, as has been proven several times on tables I have stood next to.

I just wnated to know how to move them. I have no trouble imagining a bunch of guys thrown together at the last minute arguing over which way to go.

RiflemanIII wrote:

I just wnated to know how to move them. I have no trouble imagining a bunch of guys thrown together at the last minute arguing over which way to go.

That sums it up nicely.  big_smile