Topic: Brotherhood Force project

Well well. The publication of Defiance did catch up with my first full Defiance force list project after all. I was planning on giving you the full treatment right from the start (some of you may have seen my Commonwealth army list for VOID that still floats out there on the 'net somewheres and have an idea what I was aiming at), but I think it's maybe better to start churning out fan-made lists in hopes of drumming up some extra interest in D:VG. So, here's essentially all I have at this moment...

The idea for making this, the Brotherhood force list, stemmed originally from the fact that Defiance universe seemed to lack a good old-fashioned theocracy, which is one of the more endearing social concepts in many a space opera. I chose to convert the force from Warzone Brotherhood because there are bound to be quite a few people out there with Warzone models, so it's likelier that people can use their existing models instead of stand-ins. However the fluff is fitted to the parameters of Defiance universe instead of the original Warzone one -- it's not a pure conversion in that sense.

A short intro on Brotherhood history
The Brotherhood Force List

Both files are in PDF format. I intend to add to the former as the time goes by and also present system and world data and some insights into the current (in the context of D:VG) Brotherhood society. Once that work is complete, I hope to present the Mishima mentioned in passing in the above documents as well. I make no promises as to any deadlines, but I hope get something new up roughly once a week.

Re: Brotherhood Force project

I very much like this idea of intergrading Warzone troops into Defiance. But I would also like to see other game systems army list make it here as well, and on the same page so-ta-speak.

What I am talking about is say the brother hood taking on the Eldar, Space marines taking on the Dark legion forces. To make all of this fly I am thinking on a Star system that can accommodate this witch can not be.
A ripple in time, a system that findes it self at the center of this ripple in time. A system that has one way links to other systems, and places in time. A system that sucks you in but dose not let you out. A system ware the armies I mentioned above can be.

Ok! OK! Yes I am a Geek, and yes I work in IT.

Just my $.02

I like it lol

or even WWII german panzergrenadiers taking on space marines or modern US forces taking on orcs,hehe....

with the point system it should all balance out.  Or being the Universal Skirmish System you can just make your own world/universe and make it as messed up as you want,hehe.....

this has alot of potential and should be fun, I know I would like to see other peoples armys/ideas also...if I make a space marine list and play someone who made thier own, maybe my bolter is more powerful than his but he has better armor for example...with the points system it should all equal out in the end smile

-Franz

I had a pretty much fantasy concept that did that. It has a little in common with the VOR background, by coincidence.

Time for an update (better late than never, as they say...).

Firstly, I added some information on Brotherhood society. It'll likely expand as well, although not as much the history section, which will soon be getting a timeline of the Brotherhood history. Hopefully.

Secondly, here are the conversion guidelines I used in making the the Brotherhood Force List. I'm going to follow the same guidelines in making the Mishima forces and any further Warzone force I might care to convert (an unlikely situation, but you never know...). While not really important to the end result, I've included them in case someone gets curious as to the choices I've made during the conversion.