it's been a while sorry.... :oops:

Anyway some new releases for you:

SFS-203  - Lerchey class Battleship        £4.00
SFS-270  - Kestrel class Assault Shuttle   £0.50
SFS-320  - Wuppertal class Heavy Cruiser   £2.50
SFS-414  - Umberto class Battlecarrier     £4.50
SFS-423  - Abruzzi class Cruiser           £2.20
SFS-503  - ChengZu class Battlecruiser     £3.00 GBP

I won't clog the board with pics, just go to the home page and follow the links on the new releases board

Steve

Re: Brigade Models New Releases

Thanks Steve  big_smile

steve @ brigade wrote:

it's been a while sorry.... :oops:

I won't clog the board with pics, just go to the home page and follow the links on the new releases board

Steve

I am of the firm opinion that this post should have at LEAST clogged the board with LINKS to the pages with pics.  So, with that in mind:

SFS-203  - Lerchey class Battleship        £4.00
http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Frames/S … S-203.html

SFS-270  - Kestrel class Assault Shuttle   £0.50
http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Frames/S … S-270.html

SFS-320  - Wuppertal class Heavy Cruiser   £2.50
http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Frames/S … S-320.html

SFS-414  - Umberto class Battlecarrier     £4.50
http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Frames/S … S-414.html

SFS-423  - Abruzzi class Cruiser           £2.20
http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Frames/S … S-423.html

SFS-503  - ChengZu class Battlecruiser     £3.00 GBP
http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Frames/S … S-503.html

There, I feel better.

Tim, thanks

I feel shame  :oops:

steve

Are there stats for the new Wuppertal class? or should I get cracking?

Just saw on the Brigade Models forums that the new Iron Stars minis may be available by around or just after christmas.  It looks like they got the sails issue resolved. smile

With the IS "Jane's" ed. coming out soon...There needs to be a lot of mini's made! smile

Mor minis, more minis, more minis ASAP.  :twisted: Also more Starmada Minis tongue And if you don't mind, could you gear up for WarDogs as well? big_smile

Wulfe-Hawke

More minis, more minis, more minis ASAP.  Also more Starmada Minis  And if you don't mind, could you gear up for WarDogs as well?

The next batch of IS models (three Austro-Huns, the Volga and the Gamma) are due any day now ... as they have been for a while, I admit ...  :oops:

More Starmada ? Yep, definitely more stuff in the next few months. The German fleet is the smallest of the four main nations so they'll be getting reinforcements first.

Wardogs ? 'Fraid I haven't been following that one too closely. At the moment we barely have the capacity to support our current lines so I doubt we'll be introducing yet another one for a little while.

brigadetony wrote:

The next batch of IS models (three Austro-Huns, the Volga and the Gamma) are due any day now ... as they have been for a while, I admit ...  :oops:

That would be nice.  You still waiting on the sails?

On the rules side, Wardogs isn't going to be REAL soon, but it is in the works as far as Todd and I are concerned. We've got a new artist contributing (middenface, IIRC), and maybe one more, so we're going to raise the artwork quality up a notch or two...

..on my end of things, I'm doing some artwork for the next Iron Stars supplement (I assume it will be on par with the previous supplements), so that will slow things.

I'm sorry that Brigade is too busy to get things on track faster, but that's life - they all have 'real jobs', just like me. :-)

I am gratified that at least they are busy. If they weren't, it wouldn't bode well for their future as a minis vendor.

What was the issue with the sails, anyway? I wasn't too crazy about the solid metal sails, but understood the need for doing it that way without involving Chinese Prison labor...
lol

Brigade brings out a lot of cool miniatures and it would be cool if they were making the wardogs minis, but if they are busy, then that is that...

-Bren

PS. Good to hear that some IS ships are coming out!

thedugan wrote:

What was the issue with the sails, anyway? I wasn't too crazy about the solid metal sails, but understood the need for doing it that way without involving Chinese Prison labor...
lol

You know, you can fix the "flat sail" thing by gluing some automotive body repair mesh over them.  They'll still be solid, but it gives you a nice raised grid that you can easily highlight to get that patterned effect from the CG artwork.

A bit of work, but probably worth doing.

hundvig wrote:
thedugan wrote:

lol

You know, you can fix the "flat sail" thing by gluing some automotive body repair mesh over them.  They'll still be solid, but it gives you a nice raised grid that you can easily highlight to get that patterned effect from the CG artwork.

A bit of work, but probably worth doing.

A bit more work and you can cut out the sail portion and replace it with colored plastic...see through and no painting required. wink

I believe that Tony was trying to improve the sail connection and reduce the mass of the sail itself with the recasting.

Mini's would be nice of course for Wardogs...but I'm not too terribly upset that there isn't a dedicated line out just yet. wink  It will be interesting to see what comes later once folks see the artwork that's being added.   :twisted:

go0gleplex wrote:

I believe that Tony was trying to improve the sail connection and reduce the mass of the sail itself with the recasting.

That would be good, the joins are more than a little fragile on the bigger ships.  I always thought the way to go would be to cast the mast with a length of metal (kind of like an extra spar) at the root, running back under the sail and parallel to the hull.  That would greatly increase the surface area of the actual hull/sail connection, letting the glue work better.  I've seen similar tricks used on other minis and it's a much more durable solution than post-and-hole tricks, especially if the hull can be grooved at the join to nestle the spar in.

The Battlefleet Gothic Eldar cruisers use a variation of this trick for their sails, and I've never had one break in six years of use.  It's all about surface area...

Rich

So.....any word on the Austrians?  Anything IS?

I have it on good authority that the moulds for the Austrian DD, the Volga and Gamma will be ready for our next casting session on Tuesday. Assuming they are OK, there's no reason why they shouldn't be released in the next 10 days or so  smile