Topic: But where are the battles happening?

Finally got my book and been digesting it between the hectic bits of my life.

My main question is where are these battles happening?
A: In high orbit engagements above ground bound cities
B: In the outer planets and asteroid belts as the countries all look for resources and livable areas for their respective empire.
C: Where ever my imagination puts the battle as I justfiy what terrain I have on the board.

My next question is "Where are the Martians and Mars in all this?"

Is Mars off limits, out of reach or do the Martian planetary defenses put us off from landing there to take the fight to them?

Re: But where are the battles happening?

As to the setting for Iron Stars....

There are some bombardments, but they aren't very effective at anything except creating an uproar from the civilians. There's little military effectiveness in bombardment or 'bombing' as yet...

There are convoy raids, and some orbital fights over "position" as well as over who gets the goodies in space.

The Martians are still around. We're currently waiting for me to find the time to finish up the artwork, and I think that Dan wanted some more "Jane's Fluff" for the next supplement. The next supplement won't be Martians, but a fleet book (well, last Dan and company discussed it, anyway). I *think* that the next one after that is supposed to be World War 1. WW1 still happens, it's just not your great grandpappy's war....
:-)

I think that we'll see the Martians after that, but this is all tenative at this point. Things could change - and it's not going to be REAL quick - we all have day jobs, kids, wives... big_smile

Dan (and some others) are currently working on something other than Iron Stars, the next Iron Stars supplement isn't shelved - it's simply delayed.

Re: But where are the battles happening?

Von Ether wrote:

My main question is where are these battles happening?
A: In high orbit engagements above ground bound cities
B: In the outer planets and asteroid belts as the countries all look for resources and livable areas for their respective empire.
C: Where ever my imagination puts the battle as I justfiy what terrain I have on the board.

D: All of the above. wink

My next question is "Where are the Martians and Mars in all this?"

Is Mars off limits, out of reach or do the Martian planetary defenses put us off from landing there to take the fight to them?

Mars is neither off-limits nor out of reach -- we just haven't gotten around to reintroducing them. The next supplement for IS will bring us to the brink of our version of the Great War. Whether or not the Martians make an appearance at that point... well, you'll just have to wait and see. big_smile

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com