Topic: Alternative Personalty

There are two thing about personalty, I will playtest them next weekend, but maybe there are some obvious flaw I've missed big_smile

1) My leader is a Ghost!!

Let's face it, an individual, no matter how mighty he is cannot truly face and win a bounce of hostile people...

Se personalty are no more legal units, they become more a marker.

Personalty have a rich - in melee, ranged, wounds and defense.

They cannot be killed by ranged attack, units ignore them when moving, they are in all effect a marker for measuring the distance for command points.

If an enemy units come in contact with a personalty this must retreat with is movement towards the nearest friendly units, if fail to reach them then is detroyed.

2) Led the Charge!!

Let face it, "Fantasy" is utterly defined by individual that no matter of odds give an harsh bruiso to a mob of hostile peole!!

Personalty remain the same as now, with this options:

Personalty may joining other units.
A personalty may start battle joined with a unit or during the game may (with a move) join a friendly units, the element of personalty must go in the first rank of the unit.

The so formed unit must move togheter, fight togheter, and if die are harsh, die togheter. All order given to unit affect the personalty as well, note that is always the unit that take order, never the personalty. The personalty gain no benefit from units special abilities, and viceversa.

Example:
An hero joined a unit of pikemen (Steady).
The unit is charged, the pikemen get a +1 defense, the hero get nothing.

The personalty may not be the target of ranged combat, figure that he/she is "hidden" between other troop. In melee combat if you wish you can attack the personalty. The death of a personalty will trigger a morale test, like other members of  unit. A personalty may not be choosen as a casualty due to morale test.

Re: Alternative Personalty

1) We toyed with the idea that leaders do not "exist".  I can't remember why we decided not to go that route.  Noel?

2) attached leaders just might work. I dunno how I feel about that.  Noel?

and brusio has now entered my vocabulary as One Cool Word(tm)

as in

Gave him a harsh brusio smile[/code]

Lol, I intended Bruise (or at least, I think it's a right word), but write bruiso. You writhe brusio, that in italian (my own language) is the word used to describe many people talking low volume big_smile

big_smile

jimbeau wrote:

1) We toyed with the idea that leaders do not "exist".  I can't remember why we decided not to go that route.  Noel?

We played Warmaster and hated the aspect of individuals "not existing".
And historically, and fantastically, the image of a charge led by King Whosit mowing through the enemy and rallying his troops is too cool not to allow, even if King Whosit is fragile.

jimbeau wrote:

2) attached leaders just might work. I dunno how I feel about that.  Noel?

This we played with some. But we didn't like the complications of attaching and unattaching. I think.
In retrospect, I prefer the idea instead of allowing a unit to have command. This could then represent a commander and his bodyguard.