Topic: Deck Plans

Would anyone be interested in them if deck plans for various IS ships were generated? :?:

Re: Deck Plans

Sure, if there's going to be an Iron Stars RPG.

Otherwise, no.  :?

go0gleplex wrote:

Would anyone be interested in them if deck plans for various IS ships were generated? :?:

As one of the main protagonists, I'm wondering just how this would work. I do have something in mind when I lay out the models, but seeing another persons view of it would be ....interesting.
:-)

It would be technical type drawings...or rather schematical in nature.  But given the lack of interest, it'll be one of those "in a mood" projects.

go0gleplex wrote:

It would be technical type drawings...or rather schematical in nature.

I was more interested in how you'd interpret my renderings...how decks and such line up.

go0gleplex wrote:

But given the lack of interest, it'll be one of those "in a mood" projects.

Heh, I've got a whole filing cabinet's worth of THOSE....

...ugh, back to changing the oil.

thedugan wrote:
go0gleplex wrote:

I was more interested in how you'd interpret my renderings...how decks and such line up.

go0gleplex wrote:

Well...been playing with the Padron as sort of an easy starter. Even have a scale figured based on the drawing.  Comes out to about 4 decks...

Oil change?  Were I doing something that fun...permit processing and arguing with contractors here...blech!

go0gleplex wrote:
thedugan wrote:
go0gleplex wrote:

go0gleplex wrote:

Well...been playing with the Padron as sort of an easy starter. Even have a scale figured based on the drawing.  Comes out to about 4 decks...

Hmmm...from the bottom up....

A 'half deck' crawl space with hydraulics and such in it.

A full engineering deck (perhaps compartmented with airtight spaces) running from the 'torpedo tube' to the box in the rear that contains the control and engine hardware.

A Main Deck that has only half height towards the front where those smaller turrets are and access to the main turret.  The Bunk house is in that square box, on the Main Deck.

Main Turret is two full decks, offset from the other decks.

The 'AfterBridge' is short, but tall enough to stand in, contains the captain's quarters and signals/fire control shack.

The Main Bridge area is very tall, with those Nemo-esque windows.

A narrow shaft extends up the 'mast', to enable the radio boys to tinker with the aerials.

Call it 3 and a half, with more 'levels' in the mast.

go0gleplex wrote:

Oil change?  Were I doing something that fun...permit processing and arguing with contractors here...blech!

<sigh>It's at 42,000 miles, it has to be done, and it's just a LITTLE dirty...It's not hard, nor complicated (not like changing out the cam belt), and it takes less time than waiting for the Kwik Kar joint to get to it, and I save 10$. I figure my time is worth about 20$ an hour, and i burn that sitting in the waiting room reading old magazines. smile

I don't do OTHER people's cars, just mine. That's how I got 187,000 miles outta a '95 Voyager....that, and a mechanics ear and feel for when machinery is distressed.

I had some other yardwork to do as well, it's my Sunday today.