Topic: Other Items for Wardogs

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has done any of the following ideas:

1. Hardsuits (infantry), Anti Mecha Infantry
2. Installations (Guardtowers, Missile Batteries, Heavy Gun Enplacements, Ect)
3. How to do Installations
3. Orbital Items (satallites, Orbital Weapons)
4. Other Weapon Ideas
5. Generic Armor and Mecha (NOT ones listed in Manual)

If anyone had any ideas for this i would greatly appr. it.

Thanks

Re: Other Items for Wardogs

f.whitfield wrote:

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has done any of the following ideas:

1. Hardsuits (infantry), Anti Mecha Infantry
2. Installations (Guardtowers, Missile Batteries, Heavy Gun Enplacements, Ect)
3. How to do Installations
4. Orbital Items (satallites, Orbital Weapons)
5. Other Weapon Ideas
6. Generic Armor and Mecha (NOT ones listed in Manual)

If anyone had any ideas for this i would greatly appr. it.

Thanks

1. Hardsuits are rather out of the scope of Wardogs, but you could build them as size 1 or 2 mecha, would be my guess. Infantry can carry heavy weapons, but I don't think they're suited for hitching a ride, a-la Battletech.

2. Buildings are a unit type along with mecha, vees, and so on, that can be fitted with military equipment. Just because there aren't any examples in the book, doesn't mean there aren't provisions for them.

3. See above.

4. I'd say this is also out of the scope of Wardogs.

5. The only real weapon concern I had was addressed in pre-production. New weapon abilities are wide open, of course, but I wouldn't want to arms race it.

6. I opened a thread for people to post their own, as I was unsure whether a design forum was forthcoming. Granted, mine are faction-tied at the moment, but, as always, I've got a slew of designs in the works. What do you need?

Any infantry equipped with heavy weapons can eliminate mecha.  The Hard suit or power armor is assumed to be size 1 mecha as stated in the book.

Rifleman has it on the button.  You can design any emplacement using the construction rules.  Examples were not included simply because of trying to keep the page count reasonable.

Orbitals are indeed beyond the scope of Wardogs. At present. Stay tuned...*innocent smile*

If you have ideas for weapon stuff...feel free to post them if you'd like.  Or simply add them to your game if everyone is agreeable. smile  It's meant to be customizable to taste.

The units provided were intended to give a decent selection among the various factions of the default setting.  Simply because a design is not shown, doesn't mean it can't be used, though I would keep them in line with the "setting tech level" if you are playing in the default setting to keep things balanced.  There are several independent worlds and many corporations looking to cash in on the galactic turmoil. wink

If you simply wish to duke it out with your buddies...design at whatever level you all agree on and/or in whatever setting you create for yourselves which was one of the main goals in the way the rules were written. smile

go0gleplex wrote:

Any infantry equipped with heavy weapons can eliminate mecha.  The Hard suit or power armor is assumed to be size 1 mecha as stated in the book.

And you can do some pretty sick stuff with your PA, if you put your headspace to it. smile

Badger S17 (62)

Size: 1
Movement: 12
Thermal sig: 2
Armor rating: 4
Stability: +1

Weapons:
SMAW Type-9 (Kinetic, front)
Range: 6/12/18, ROF: 1/2 Damage: D12, Ammo: 3, BIG Gun, Hand-carried.

G22 Machinegun (Kinetic, front)
Range: 1/2/3, ROF 3, Damage: D4

Equipment:
ECM (L1)           
Enhanced Sensors (L1)           
Hostile Enviroment Modification (L1)           
Two arms w/ hands
Two legs.

That reminds me.  How exactly do Ballistic weapons interact with hand-carried? Just build as normal, slap the HC on, and use as you would a regular missile weapon? Is it limited to three tubes?

A Hand Carried ballistic weapon is limited to the three shots, though in this instance it is three tubes with a single shot each.  You get an inadvertent freebie of multiple tubes (+2).   The mitigating factor is that the ROF is limited to 1 per turn.  So unlike a normal ballistic weapon with three tubes, you can only fire one tube at a time instead of 1, 2, or 3 at a time.

That's a mean lil set of PA there dude.  :twisted:

Hopefully when they do the update they will include rules to create something like this

Orbital Weapon: Thors hammer Orbital Weapon

or even

Drop Pods for infantry or Small Mecha

They won't be part of the ground rules. 

But there is something in the works.  That's all I'll say at this point in time.  :twisted:

Would someone please explain how you would build:
(1) Weapon emplacement
(2) Equipment based emplacement

1. Gun Emplacement or Missile Emplacement
2. Radar Emplacement.

Wonder what a hanger or repair structure would be stated as.

Or would someone be kind enough to state out some basic structures.

I was thinking about having a base being attacked by some units and needed some ideas so i could start making them myself.

Now for the Basic Unit i might need:

What would the stats be for infantry carrying the following, these units would also be carrying their basic load out.

1. Ground to Air Missiles , 2 uses per squad
2. Anti Mech Weapon

f.whitfield wrote:

Now for the Basic Unit i might need:

What would the stats be for infantry carrying the following, these units would also be carrying their basic load out.

1. Ground to Air Missiles , 2 uses per squad
2. Anti Mech Weapon

You have seen the infantry squads on pages 81 & 82, right?  Particularly the heavy weapons squads on 82.  If you're looking for a purely AA system, then a quick solution is to simply swap the Indirect Fire for Anti-Aircraft enhancement on the Hvy Wpns Squad (Ballistic) and reduce the point cost to 7.

ANY of the heavy weapon squads can be used in an anti-mech/anti-armor/anti-air, etc. role.

f.whitfield wrote:

Would someone please explain how you would build:
(1) Weapon emplacement
(2) Equipment based emplacement

1. Gun Emplacement or Missile Emplacement
2. Radar Emplacement.

Wonder what a hanger or repair structure would be stated as.

Or would someone be kind enough to state out some basic structures.

I was thinking about having a base being attacked by some units and needed some ideas so i could start making them myself.

Starting on page 27, the construction rules literally walk you through how to create these structures/buildings.  Gun or Missile Emplacements are a matter of what weapons you design for the building.  A radar emplacement may have TAR, Enhanced Sensors, and/or C3 systems in it as equipment as fits your concept of what the Radar Emplacement is to do.  Early warning, then likely TAR or C3 is going to be the best fit.

For the hanger or repair structure, you could go through the full construction rules or use the quick design rule on page 55.  Also refer to the paragraph on page 6 in regards to how a building is sized/scaled.

Ok, thanks.

Have read the material, still trying to get the feel of it.

I can figure out the vehicles and mechs but infantry a bit harder for me.

1) Indirect fire (Which sounds like maybe a Mortar crew)
2) Anti-Aircraft enhancement (For the Stinger Unit)
3) Armor Piercing (Recoiless Rifle Unit)(?)

f.whitfield wrote:

Ok, thanks.

Have read the material, still trying to get the feel of it.

I can figure out the vehicles and mechs but infantry a bit harder for me.

1) Indirect fire (Which sounds like maybe a Mortar crew)
2) Anti-Aircraft enhancement (For the Stinger Unit)
3) Armor Piercing (Recoiless Rifle Unit)(?)

A lot of things were left slightly ambiguous on purpose.  Rather than say, "this has to be that way", the intent is to say, "here's the base...what do YOU want it to be".  Indirect fire can be mortars or even some man portable Anti-tank missiles I've had the pleasure of seeing fired. smile  It's your party...blow out the candles your way! wink

Recoiless would likely be the Hvy Weapons Kinetic.  If you add AP shells to the weapon, bump the point cost up +3

I'd also say you have a lot more leeway in terms of tech level when it comes to structure building for a given setting. While mobile units in a given military will be generally within the same broad tech level, structures could, at any time, be either sophisticated forward defense stations for protecting high priority military installations, or a bunch of cut-log bunkers filled with would-be revolutionaries who should've known better than to sabotage the ore extractors of the Glorious People's Mining Concern.

Found the material related to infantry weapons on page 55, make a bit more sense now.

Still not getting any joy on the Emplacements.

I get what you were talking about concerning the equipment placement.

Still not understanding the idea say for:

Hardened 6 Pack Missile Emplacement with the following equipment:
- AI Modification
- Enhanced Sensors
- Weapons Turret

Ballistic Weapon with the following enhancements:
- Multiple Launch Tubes
- Reload

What armor would you use for it or what size would it be. A SAM site isnt that big.

Without dragging my calculator out...;)

Quick example:
SAM Emplacement
Size 3; MP 0;  AR 1 (a minimum); Tech Lvl 5; Thermal 4

K-12 Lancet AA Missile (ballistic);  Range 3 (3/6/9); ROF 1; DMG 3 (1d8 )
Anti-Aircraft; External Tube; Heat Seeking

Equipment: Enhanced Sensors (L2); TAR

That's all there really is to it, though don't use the example since I've done absolutely no math for it to see if it's even legal. smile  Since the emplacement (structure) is less than 200m in volume it will occupy ony a single hex. 

Another way of thinking about it is that a single hex structure is designed just like any other unit using the appropriate multipliers, except it doesn't move.

go0gleplex wrote:

Without dragging my calculator out...;)
That's all there really is to it, though don't use the example since I've done absolutely no math for it to see if it's even legal. smile  Since the emplacement (structure) is less than 200m in volume it will occupy ony a single hex. 

Another way of thinking about it is that a single hex structure is designed just like any other unit using the appropriate multipliers, except it doesn't move.

It is legal, BTW. smile

Also, structures will have relatively low point values, due to the fact that they can't move.

Ok, Understanding better.

How do you figure out amount of ammo for the weapon or is there a standard for ballistic/kinetic weapons.

f.whitfield wrote:

Ok, Understanding better.

How do you figure out amount of ammo for the weapon or is there a standard for ballistic/kinetic weapons.

Kinetics have a default of ten, which can be reduced or increased with enhancements.

Ballistics get one shot per tube, also modifiable through the same.

Thanks

Btw were did you find the info for that, what page.

Really need to start highlighting things.

Appr the help for this.

Extra Ammunition for Kinetics and Reload for Ballistics, specifically

They are listed the weapons enhancement section, pages 53 and 51 respectively.

Thanks, And the defalt ammo amounts for the weapons were did you find that.

f.whitfield wrote:

Thanks, And the defalt ammo amounts for the weapons were did you find that.

Table 14, page 44

Ok, Duh...if that was a snake it would have bit me.

Now that i have some of the basics i should have some ideas up in a wk or so.

By chance is their any provision for cloaking technology or is it covered under stealth modification and what would be the counter for this. Probly the Advanced Sensors or Superior Sensors.

The Cloaking system i was thinking of is just a visual type at lv1 which would make a lock on either impossible or very hard at the least and at later levels it could maybe make it invisible. The cost for such a system would be outragous.

Thing about Cloak system it could still be found with other types of sensors since it doesnt deal with sound or siesmic or a mech sized foot print or tread or wheel prints.

Visual Cloaking System

Requirements: Technology 5 or 6

Lv1 Lock-On at -2 and Sensor Sig at -2, Defensive Rating +2.
Lv2 Lock-On at -3 and Sensor Sig at -3, Defensive Rating +3.
Lv3 No Lock On Possible, Very Hard to detect using normal means.

Note: IF Subject Attacks Cloak Disengages. Also these Modifiers stack with the Stealth Modifications: Sensor Sig and Defensive Rating.

Wanted to do a scout mech using the cloaking technology to sneak in a then paint the enemy and have the target hit by missile fire or sniper fire.