Topic: Don't Judge Me

OK, I'm fascinated by campaigns. Granted, the number of campaigns successfully completed is extremely small, but that doesn't stop me from starting them. My question is this: Has anyone come up with a relatively painless experience system for either Starmada and/or Defiance? Realistic? No. Fun? I think so. But how would continued exposure to, and survival of, combat benefit your average Starmada crew? What would your average Defiance grunt pick up from being shot at all the time? Anyone have any systems already in place that they'd like to share? If not, any ideas for me? Thanks!

Re: Don't Judge Me

Haven't heard of one for Defiance. Haven't really been looking into Starmada (I need another game to play like I need an extra hole in the head).

I do know that Defiance has many qualities that would make campaign advancement models fairly easy to make from scratch. A unit can advance in quality. A single model may be promoted to a leader or even a commander, or may perform some act of derring-do and become a hero. Augmentations could be made available to troops who have reached a certain level of experience.

I was looking at troop quality and weapons training, maybe even some HtH improvement, or making individual troops leaders/heros, but how would that scale/advance? Would I create the seperate frames and or lists that limit my green army to certain quality troops and repurchase troops as they increase in quality? Or do I just pay for certain quality troops but I'm able to field them as higher quality troops if they go through enough battles w/o me getting them killed off?

I was looking at troop quality and weapons training, maybe even some HtH improvement, or making individual troops leaders/heros, but how would that scale/advance? Would I create the seperate frames and or lists that limit my green army to certain quality troops and repurchase troops as they increase in quality? Or do I just pay for certain quality troops but I'm able to field them as higher quality troops if they go through enough battles w/o me getting them killed off?

There should probably be two types of advancements: unit advancements and individual advancements, to prevent problems with the unit activation rules.  The form er would include quality upgrades and unit augmentations.  The latter would be hero capability and individual augmentations.

This has potential, but would need some sort of relative point system to ensure balancing, else certain advancements will always be better than others...

-Demian