Topic: Help testing

Second thing for the day.

I get to play with actual people on the weekends, but I'm trying to develop a tool to help test scenarios on those nights when I have nothing to do (happening more now that the woman is BACK overseas).

I have a two page set of tables and guidelines for GF solo play.  I've tested it twice with RTJ ships and once with WWI ships.  And so far, it's worked well without me having to make any decisions or help the "AI" side.  But I'd like input. 

Basically, it works by the player conducting his move for the turn, marking where his ships WERE at the start of the movement phase by placing tokens or dice in the appropriate hexes.

The AI controlled side then reacts dependent on ship class, gun range, damage levels, etc.  I even have some tables to use during the End Phase to see if it has correctly guessed torpedo arcs.

Anyway, if anyone is feeling the itch to see it, let me know.

Re: Help testing

themattcurtis wrote:

Anyway, if anyone is feeling the itch to see it, let me know.

If you have to ask, go ahead and post 'em!

Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
cricket@mj12games.com

Re: Help testing

Kevin's gonna help me plug some holes -- with the hope that we can get this thing relatively polished  smile

So far, the basic approach remains that YOU plot your moves for the turn, and then reposition your ships, leaving markers to denote where you began the movement phase.

You then roll for the AI fleet's reaction to your original position (as movement orders are supposed to be simultaneous).

Factors include the opposing squadrons' numeric strength, how their guns compare to each other, damage levels, the threat of the AI's "T" being crossed, and the need to maintain C&C.

It's kept the AI fleet from doing anything stupid over the handful of playtest sessions so far.  And the best part is I haven't had to step in and say "no no, don't do that."   I think we even have the basic framework for deciding how to handle torpedoes launched by the AI. 

I think it's a neat tool for rainy days when opponents are scarce.  I just wanted to run it by my most exacting critic to date (that being Kevin  lol )